Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday night... not much new

Well another day has come and gone. Not really anything new to report. My dad is still the same. He seems to do better in the morning with thought processes and then struggles later in the day. It hit me today when i showed him a picture of Samantha and he responded "Oh my god, look!" I said, "dad, do you know who that is?" He said "yes, your daughter!" I said "Do you remember her name?" he said with a complete look of defeat "No." I told him Samantha and he lit up and said "Oh yeah!!" He totally knows that he's struggling. We try not to press him and just talk as normal.

Dave and Gwen headed home this afternoon and I'm heading to Atl tomorrow to spend father's day with Nick. I'm going to stop by the hospital in the morning to see him too before I leave. He doesn't know it's Father's day.. we keep telling him but he does not remember.

again, thanks for all the calls and emails. we appreciate it so much! Monday is the next test and we'll go from there!

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment