Saturday, June 26, 2010

Each day gets a little better...

I asked him to smile, here's what I got! At least he's off most of the attachments he was on just Thursday.


My dad's spinal tap came back totally normal. So now the doctors are going to continue to run tests and they assure us they'll get to the bottom of this. The next test ordered is an MRI of his lumbar and cervical region to look for inflammation there. Yesterday the ICU had 5 new admissions, so the floor was absolutely insane and they weren't able to run tests. I think the docs are all meeting to look at the treatment plan to see what they feel will be the best sequence of events.

Dad was happier and much more alert yesterday. The PT got him up and out of bed. He still has a 24 hr aide as apparently he's been trying to climb out of bed from the sides and over the top. We feel that he is less confused and seems to understand more. He's also talking more, still the words are hard to grasp.

We have a list of questions for the doctor today and will hopefully know more by the end of the day. I told my mom and Dave to bring stuff and start to quiz him, have him read, have him carry on a conversation with turntaking, and so forth to get his brain working. That's the OT in me. Ashame i don't know much else about this area.

I'm heading back home today and Dave will be here. I know he's in good care and my mom will still have company.

More to come later....
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment