Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Continues to make progress...

What a week! If I could just stay in bed....

sorry for the blogging delay.. i'm sure everyone has been waiting for a posting and i have been trying to get back into my daily routine back home.

My dad has been doing better and better each day. They started him on a steroid on sunday night and by monday morning, he seemed a little more with it and slightly better. Today, however, he was so much better! I was able to talk with him on the phone. He figured out how to answer the phone, first off, which is huge. Then he had a conversation with me with full sentences. He still was grasping for some words, but what a difference! I said, "dad, I have to quiz you again like i do every day.... do you know your grand-daughter's name?" Before this, he could never remember her name. Today he said "I remember Kristi, it's Samantha!" Well, i started crying, he started crying and it was such a happy moment! I think he is finally realizing what is going on and it's hitting him hard emotionally.

David left to go home on Monday evening, so my mom is by herself. It is hard for us, but she knows we have work and have our families at home. She seems to be doing better with each day too.

They moved my dad from ICU to a regular room and he will be discharged tonight to Marlton Rehab for acute rehab services to include OT, PT, and Speech. He'll get all the therapies each day and will stay until he's safe to go home. We hope that he makes quick progress and that each day has drastic improvements. So anyone who wants to visit, it's close to home!

Here's a link to the place he's going. Look at that, i figured out how to highlight a link!
http://www.marltonrehab.com/Inpatient/index.html

I personally feel that the more he talks to familiar people and reminisce stories and all, the more that will come back to him.

I think well wishes and prayers have helped, so keep them coming.

As for other news, Samantha will be 6 months old on Thursday.. it's crazy how fast time has flown. She's so much fun now and is constantly laughing, talking, and moving. She kicks her legs all the time, is sitting by herself (with padding around her) is rolling all over the place and is starting to bring her knees in... not sure how long before she crawls!

We started her on rice cereal 2 weeks ago. She LOVES it! she was all into our food and I knew it was time. I go to the doctor this Friday so i'll be sure to update her stats.

She loves her cereal!


Sam's First pretzelmore to come soon!

Kristi

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful. Excellent news all around! So glad to hear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture with the cereal.

    ReplyDelete