Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a bad turn....


Here are 2 pics from my parent's last visit, taken on 6/11/10

Well i came home from NJ and stopped my updates because not much had changed... until today.

My dad was discharged from Jefferson today - the spinal tap came back fine and they ruled it kind of an "explosion of emboli?" or something like that, saying that small bits of plaque came off his artery and went into his brain affecting different centers. They started him on Coumadin blood thinner and my mom was going to be with him at home and go to outpatient OT and ST.

They drove home fine but when my dad got into the driveway, he became agitated and upset and would not get out of the car. The neighbors came to help my mom to no avail. It got really bad, so my mom took him to Virtua ER where they had to sedate him. He's now intubated and sedated. They took him and my mom via ambulance to Trenton to some specialty stroke hospital - i'm not sure of the name. They just inserted a feeding tube in his nose. He's in the ICU.

My mom says they have been wonderful there so far. Jefferson was an absolute nightmarish experience which is sad with their reputation and my mom having worked there so long. Glad he's out of there.

This has been a very hard time for all of us. Dave took a train to trenton and will arrive at 4am and I'm flying back in tomorrow at noon. I have to leave Samantha here which is so hard, but i can't rock her world anymore. I know Nick will be happy to have father/daughter time. Needless to say, he had to cancel his guys weekend to Vegas.

I'll try to update as i know more. They're monitoring him closely and hopefully this will all be a distant memory soon and my dad will come out of all of this.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.


Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment