Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dad's at home

I wanted to post a quick update on my dad....
he went home from the rehab hospital on Saturday. My mom said by far he was the "healthiest" person at Marlton Rehab. He's getting by. He continues to try to figure out what exactly happened and remembers NONE of the whole incident. His first recollection is about last Saturday, as he says he remembers me and my brother in town but hardly.

My mom is working with him at home and trying to get him to do the things he was so good at, the firsts being the remote control and email. These things are hard for him to grasp and process. I keep reminding myself and my mom that it's only been a week, but today, my dad asked my mom when he will get better.

It's heartbreaking but we know to take it day by day. My parents decided to keep their trip to GA at the end of the month to come visit us, so that will be nice for us to see him and him see Samantha. She always brings a smile to his face.

Please call or visit if you'd like. I feel the more he is challenged, the more his brain will begin to work and hopefully remember. Just know that he's very tired by the evening, so keep that in mind.

I'll be sure to post about Samantha and her 6 month birthday soon! Heading to bed. The mean boss that I am kept the office open tomorrow so I am too, going in to work.

Happy 4th!

Kristi

1 comment:

  1. yea for your dad's recovery! post samantha's 6 month picture already, would ya! not like you had anything else going on...

    ReplyDelete