Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wow... 20 weeks old this week!



Okay followers...
I know it's been a long time. Nick has been very busy at work and honestly, Samantha requires a lot more attention than in the past few months, so blogging was put to the bottom of his list. So, I'm going to give it a go. I was against a blog initally... thought it was kind of cheesy, and that "why would people care?" but can't believe how much I blog stalk others, loving what is going on their lives and kids' lives. I am always wondering when people are going to have new posts and get antsy when people don't update. I feel your pain. So.... I have take on the challenge to keep this blog up to date as the best I can. You can continue to follow the ongoings of the Estes family and watch Samantha grow up as fast as she is! Man, time flies!


Let's see.... since 16 weeks a lot has happened. I'm back at work more than before, and I am realizing how hard it is to manage 2 different worlds. I'm not treating as much, but rather managing my company that contines to grow. It's great and stressful at the same time. I'm learning to balance it all. We had a little glitch thrown into our lives when we decided to have Samantha stay at our home during the day and now aren't using our babysitter anymore. So, my gracious mom flew down for a week and a half and babysat until tonight. I had to really twist her arm. I think she secretly hoped we'd need her! Gigi will be greatly missed (by us and Sam!). I think she realized she's not quite as young as she used to be. Sam kept her busy and was so happy. We have a new babysitter starting next week. Miss Scherrie. Love her. Let's hope it works out better.


Nick has been working and enjoying top-down weather (by himself of course, since Samantha's car seat will cramp the car's style). That's okay, then we have a date night car, i guess. He's been amazing with Sam although everytime he kisses her in the morning, he seems to "mistakenly" wake her up to get a morning smile. I know he does this on purpose as she is so amazing happy in the morning and makes a great start to the day (maybe making the commute better??) He still does bath and night duty most nights since Sam sleeps better with a good 6oz bottle in her! Samantha is beginning to love Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, per Nick's report. She's almost spelling!


Samantha is just amazing. She's so happy and laughs all day long. She loves to eat and cries only when hungry - but, man, you better have some food ready for her when this happens! She's a little chunk of love. At her 4 month appt, she was 14 lb, 6 oz and 23 inches long. Growing great and very healthy. We may start food at 5 months, or later. We have to see how it goes. Samantha is rolling from her back to stomach, and just starting to roll from stomach to back - this presents quite a problem at 4am when she rolls and can't get back. That's where I come in to rush to her help. She is mostly sleeping though the night with occasional wake-ups and has gotten on a better routine since she's been home with the help of my mom.

She loves singing, dancing, her exersaucer, and wants to put everything in her mouth. Not sure when teeth will come, but maybe soon. She is very nosy, wants to be around people all the time, loves to talk, and is always on the go... sound like anyone you know? I think she'll be planning social events before we know it.

Here's Samantha trying to eat my nose!


Well, I am off to pack for the beach. We're heading to Ft. Myers for Grammy O'Leary's wedding this weekend and to see some family. Let's hope we avoid the oil slick and Samantha enjoys the sand and sun (well, shade I guess...). More to come after our trip.


Kristi

4 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB and thanks for the update. It was great seeing yall last weekend. Samantha is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Chunk of love" makes you completely blog- worthy...I know I'll stay tuned to find out the latest...I'm pretty sure it was me who inspired you anyway...Samantha is the cutest ever and it will be so fun to watch her grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all the picture at the top is AWESOME! She looks so happy in all of them, though. I think you have a very good little baby on your hands! also, I'm VERY impressed with your blogging skills. Pics AND a video in the first post?! Can't wait to hear how the new sitter goes! Enjoy the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's about time we got a new update! I love the new pics!!! She is just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete