Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy 3 Week Birthday Samantha!

Phew...it's been a long time since I updated our blog. This is fine for those of you who we have talked to recently on skype, but i apologize to those who we have missed. You see...our schedule with Samantha is: eat, sleep, pee/poop, eat, sleep, pee/poop, eat....(you get the point). Not sure if you noticed, but "update blog" was not in the schedule. I try to update while Samantha's sleeping (like she is right now). I also have to add...going to work in my schedule since that takes up a large chunk of the day.

We're officially on our own this week. The Arc's left last Friday night so Kristi has been fending for herself during the day. I've been encouraging her to take as many naps as she can, but there have not been many. I'm sure she will get into a routine with Samantha in the next couple of weeks.

At night, Samantha usually goes down between 10 and 11. She usually gets up for her first feeding at 1AM, then again at 3 or 4 and then again around 7AM. Last night we fed her a lot (she was very hungry...we're thinking she was going through a growth spurt) and she ended up sleeping until 4AM. She ate and then slept until 730. It was a nice change for Kristi to sleep in, although we're not banking on a new trend, yet.

Samantha's umbilical cord fell off last week, so we have started giving her a bath in her little bath tub. She starts off a little fussy, but then calms when she's in the warm water. It seems like she's getting less fussy with each bath and starting to enjoy it more.

When I'm holding Samantha...I find myself trying to pick out patterns or habits with Samantha. For example, when Samantha starts to fall asleep, I'll stare at her and watch as her face twitches. She'll make little noises and I always know when she's getting ready to pass out when her twitches turn to a long smile and then move to pure relaxation. I want to capture this moment on video, but I'm always afraid to get up and disturb her from her sleep.

Samantha loves to make noises. I don't think she knows how to move her arms or head without some kind of sound. We're getting better at understand crying or noises for diaper changes vs hungry vs just laying around looking for attention.

Well...time to go stare at Samantha while she sleeps. I could go and work on my computer or play Wii...but I think I'll just sit by her and give a bunch of kisses until Kristi gets home. It's her 3 week birthday today...Happy Birthday Samantha...we love you!

1 comment:

  1. I find it very endearing that you are writing this blog. Samantha will enjoy reading these entries and seeing all the pictures as she grows. You can make your blog into a book as well, I'm going to investigate such for my blog. It was nice to meet her. Babies are a true blessing, so enjoy every minute.

    Laura W.

    ReplyDelete