Sunday, December 20, 2009

We Created a Blog!

Well...we did it...we created a blog. With the upcoming birth of Samantha, we wanted to create a centralized location for our family and friends to keep track of us and all of our doings. We bought a new camera that can take great pictures and even short videos, so we'll be sure to post lots of pics.

We've labeled our blog...Kids Having Kids. It's hard to believe that we now have to "grow up" and become responsible adults. I know that I (Nick), personally, still enjoy watching cartoons and sitting around in my pajamas all day on Sundays...i have a feeling that all that is about to change. A lot of friends have commented that you never really have to grow up...you just have to adjust your lifestyle. Either way...we are ready and couldn't be happier or more excited for Samantha to come.

A lot has happened over the last 38 weeks. Kristi has had a pretty good pregnancy with little discomfort...up to week 34 or 35. Ever since Thanksgiving, Samantha has gotten a lot bigger and Kristi is starting to swell up (not just in her belly, but her ankles, hands, etc). She's a trooper and is spending more time on the couch with her feet up. I think she's starting to realize that she can't keep going at the same pace that she did before she was pregnant.

I've attached a picture of Samantha. This was taken at 18 weeks, when we found out we were having a girl. We've known that we were going to call her Samantha for quite a long time (even before we knew that we were having a girl). See, Kristi likes names that you can either shorten or make nicknames out of. Over the last few months, we have come up with many nicknames including: Sam, Sammy McSam and Kicky McKicks. I think we will end up calling her Sam most of the time. Her official name will be: Samantha Morgan Estes


For those of you that don't know or don't remember...Sam will be delivered via a scheduled c-section. We are scheduled for 7:15AM on New Year's Eve (tax deduction!!!). The doctor's don't think that she will come before then, but we'll know more when we go again on Tuesday (12/22).

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. this will be so great when I see Grammy & Grampa I will be able to show them this with my blackberry. I can't wait for Samantha to arrive and see her beautiful face.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still watch cartooon in my PJ's on Sats but now I do it with my three kids!! Love you Nick and we are so happy for you!!
    ~Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! Welcome to blogville!! So glad you've joined the other side! And don't worry Nick, we watch WAY more cartoons now than we used to. Can't wait to meet Kicky!

    ReplyDelete